:: My Most Recommended ::
Raise.com: Gift cards can be a lot more than just quick and easy presents. They can be real money savers. They are available for almost every store and restaurant throughout the US. On Raise.com you’ll usually save between 5–40%. Use promo code RAISE75AF for an additional $5 off a $75 purchase. Learn more in my article about Raise.
Ebates.com: I shop a lot online, but I don’t always have a promo code on hand. With Ebates I always get between 1-5% or more cash back on my online orders. All you need to do is to sign up for a free account and then just click through the ebates website to the online store you want to buy from.This site works and I’ve received numerous checks in the mail already. This is extra cash back on your every day purchases.
DiscountMags.com: I spend a lot of time in front of the computer and I also love to read. That’s why I appreciate whenever I can get my eyes off the screen and read a magazine instead. Annual subscription rates for magazines in America are very cheap, but DiscountMags offers them even lower. Best of all, there’s no tax or shipping cost, you can cancel anytime and there are no automatic renewals. Love it!
:: LIVING ::
- Green Card Lottery: Bookmark this page and set your reminder, because you can only enter the Green Card Lottery during a certain time of the year. Check this website to find the exact dates.
- Kelley Blue Book: Looking to buy or sell a car? Check out this site to find out about new & used car values.
- World Soccer Bars: Unless you’re subscribed to the FOX soccer channel, it can be difficult to catch games of your favorite team on TV. Your alternative can be to watch it in a sports bar. Here’s a great site to find soccer bars in your city
- Free Credit Report: You’re entitled to pull a free credit report once a year from each of the 3 credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion, Experian). This is the official site to pull your free report. Take advantage of it and make sure there are no mistakes in your reports that can your credit score.
- Best Cities to Live in the USA: Find your Livability Score with AreaVibes and explore more than 20,000 cities & neighborhoods with ratings, reviews, data & demographics.
:: WORKING ::
- Salary.com: Find out how much your skills are worth. Great tool to prepare for a job interview to check current salary range in different markets.
- TheCreativeGroup.com: National hiring trends, salary information and job descriptions for Design & Production, Advertising and Marketing jobs.
- Work Permit aka. Employment Authorization Document (EAD): Everything you need to know in order to apply for a work permit. Apply early! It’ll usually take 90+ days to receive it.
- Guide on Immigration and Working in the U.S.: An overview about types of immigration and non-immigration visas.
- Wes.org: On this site you can find out what your foreign degree is worth in the U.S. – for free!
- Viglink.com: Monetize your links and start earning commissions with your blog or website. Viglink partners with over 30,000 online merchants and I use them myself for Live Work Travel USA.
:: TRAVELING ::
- National Park Annual Pass: Great for travellers! Annual pass that’s valid for all National Parks in the United States for $80/year. A pass covers entrance and standard amenity fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person). Children age 15 or under are admitted free.
- ESTA Form: Official website in 23 languages to apply for ESTA before you travel to the US.
- I-94 Form: Direct link to pull your I-94 Arrival/Departure record as well as your recent travel history from the official government site. Just click on “GET MOST RECENT I-94″ in the top menu.
- Couch Surfing: Travel the world, explore your city and host new friends. Couchsurfing is the world’s largest travel community.
- Travel Hacking: Chris Guillebeau is the master of travel hackers and used his techniques to finance his travels to every single country of this world. He sells the eBook “Frequent Flyer Master” along with other books to teach you how to do travel hacking yourself.
- Cayole.com: Cruise planning without all the clutter. Cayole is a very efficient website to find your perfect cruise. It also offers future cruise price prediction i.e. people can learn
whether they should buy a cruise now or wait for a cheaper price in future.
:: INTERNATIONAL CUISINE ::
- German Restaurants: Great directory of a variety of German Restaurants all over the U.S., listed by state. You don’t need to speak German to understand this page. Just find your state and click on the restaurant link. Guten Appetit!
- Wise Choice: Online store with lots of British food, candy, beverages and gifts.
- French Food Exports: Online store with a lot of French food.
- Aussie Products: Online store for Australian food.
- The House of Belgium: Online store for Belgian food.
:: OTHER IMMIGRATION BLOGS ::
www.TheImmigrationBlog.com: Greg is a former Australian Immigration Officer and avid blogger who is interested in exploring new ideas in immigration policy and taking the time to notice how and why people move around the world.
CharlotteExpatExpertise.com: Expats or immigrants moving to Charlotte, NC should definitely visit this online relocation guide for expatriate families. Based on her own experiences as an expat spouse, Franni set up this site to streamline and facilitate the tasks and activities of a successful relocation for future expatriates. It’s a vast platform with helpful and extensive information about Charlotte and relocation issues; very valuable tips for enjoying the city with kids; links and addresses for shopping and dining; and plenty of advice for activities and recreation.
:: OFF TOPIC ::
Elegant Themes: WordPress themes incl. Photoshop files to customize every part of it. LiveWorkTravelUSA.com has been built with one of their themes. Great and very responsive support team that helps with any WordPress questions.